Overton County Memorial Gardens was founded in 1958 by by Ira M. Speck and Verlin Hyder Sr. as a perpetual care cemetery licensed by the State of Tennessee.
A perpetual care fund will ensure the lasting beauty and care of the cemetery for generations. The fee for this fund is included in the purchase price of the lots.
Areas of the cemetery are designed for the use of bronze memorials, set in a granite base with a vase for flowers. There is another area designed for the use of upright monuments.
The cemetery is located at 437 Jamestown Highway in Livingston, Tennessee adjacent to Good Hope Cemetery.